InspirASIAN Dragons

InspirASIAN Dragons
Team Picture 2022

Wednesday, July 11, 2018

InspirASIAN Dragons Update 7/11/18 + HomeWork

Hello Team,

As we head in to our last 2 practices of the season, I want share some info about the race. I am attaching the race packet & Long Beach Dragon Boat Festival Rules and Regulation which hopefully will have all the information you need for the race weekend. Read from front to back since it has lots of good information especially for the first timers.


I also have last homework for the season which will be very easy.
Let me know if you have done your home work for participation point.

HOME WORK!!!
Practice our race start
Practice our race start by imagining you are at the start line and hear “ARE YOU READY”…”ATTENTION”…***HORN or ANY OTHER SOUND*** then do 5 deep strokes motion, 16 ups (faster strokes but at the front only), and finally 10 deep strokes (Power 10).  Practice this 10 times.

Extra Practice is go through mentally for about 2 minutes pushing yourself at 70% and 100% during power 10s and boost.

BOOT CAMP!
There will also be participation point for those who attends boot camp sessions during the last 2 practices.


HUNGARY LIVE STREAM
Also, here's the link to the live stream for the 11th IDBF Club Crew World Championships in Szeged, Hungary.
https://www.sarkanyhajozas.hu/ccwc-live-stream

I'll be racing Tuesday 7/17 - Friday 7/20. Look for the team Long Beach Masters. Hungary is 9 hour ahead than California time. I don't have the exact time for the race though.


TEAM SHIRT
I ordered the shirts today so I'll be distributing them at the race. Be there ON TIME!

Let me know if you have question.
Practice hard even though I'm not there since I'll be at the practice in spirit.

See you out there.


Thomas Yoo
InspirASIAN Dragon Boat Team
ERG at AT&T

No comments:

Post a Comment